Note: Node.js, npm, and knowledge of using Terminal is required.
You can expose your local Infinity Dashboard server to the web by using the Localtunnel project. Follow the steps below to install the localtunnel project and enable sharing:
- If you do not have Node.js installed on your Mac, you will first need to install it:
- Follow the steps here to install Node.js
- Open Terminal.app, it's located in /Applications/Utilities
- Install Localtunnel by running the command:
npm install -g localtunnel
- If you get a permissions error while installing localtunnel install it by using the command:
sudo npm install -g localtunnel
- Once it's installed open 'Infinity Dashboard'
- Click the 'Cog' in the top right corner of the window
- Click the 'Preferences' item
- Click the 'Web Sharing' item in the sidebar
- Note: If you do not see this option you will need to update your Infinity Dashboard version to the latest
- Enter the port you want the server to bind to
- Click the 'Turn On' button
- Once the web server has started open Terminal.app
- Run the command:
lt --port <The Port Infinity Dashboard is Running On>
- Once the tunnel has been setup the command will output a URL
- Copy this URL and open it in your browser
- You should now see your Infinity Dashboard!
- You can access this URL on any device, you can also share this URL with co-workers and friends to share your dashboard with them.
Note: Your computer, Infinity Dashboard, and the localtunnel command all need to be left running for the tunnel to work.