- What is Memory Clean 2 (Direct Version)?
Memory Clean 2 (Direct Version) is distributed directly via fiplab.com. If you are running the Mac App Store versions of Memory Clean 1 & 2, you should update to Memory Clean 2 (Direct Version) in order to keep your app up to date.
Do not download Memory Clean 2 (Direct Version) if you are running Memory Clean 3. You can tell what version you are running by looking at the app name, not the version build number.
- How do you download it?
Memory Clean 2 (Direct Version) is a free app and you can download it via the following link: https://fiplab.com/apps/memory-clean-for-mac
- The steps to take after you download it:
1. Follow the steps on the website to complete the checkout process
2. Once completed, you will receive an email with a download link and license code.
3. Download and unzip the archive using the archive utility app on your Mac, then launch the app
4. Enter in your license code via the app’s preference panel.
5. Entering the license code WILL NOT activate Extreme Clean.
6. If you have previously purchased Extreme Clean, you must unlock that feature for free by following these instructions: https://support.fiplab.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021150033-Memory-Clean-2-Direct-How-do-I-unlock-my-previous-Extreme-Clean-purchase-
7. If you have not previously purchased Extreme Clean and you want the feature, you must purchase Memory Clean 3: https://fiplab.com/apps/memory-clean-3-for-mac
- How to remove old versions of Memory Clean:
Memory Clean 2 (Direct Version) WILL NOT uninstall any previous versions of Memory Clean for you and you will need to do this manually.
If you want to remove the Mac App Store versions of Memory Clean, do the following:
1. Make sure to Quit the apps
2. Follow the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/install-and-uninstall-other-apps-mh35835/mac
Article is closed for comments.